Easy Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken


Pinterest is my major source of recipe finding these days.  
I love it.  This one has been a hit.  I made it last week and then again this week.  
It makes a heap ... actually, mine makes more because I added an extra chicken breast.  
I'm going to freeze a bunch of it this week!! I think it will reheat just fine.

 photo DSC_0121_zps6c74acbb.jpg 

 I didn't make many changes ... mainly just adding the extra chicken breast.

1/2 cup teriyaki sauce 
1 chicken stock cube & 1/2 cup water  (you could also use 1/2 cup chicken stock but I never have it on hand ... I need to make and freeze some so I do!!)
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed 
1/4 cup soy sauce 
4 cloves garlic, minced 
1 teaspoon sesame oil 
4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
1 spring onion, thinly sliced 
sesame seeds
Mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl.  Place chicken breasts in the crock pot and pour teriyaki mixture and spoon some of the mixture on top of the breasts if they are not covered.  Put the lid on and cook for 3.5 hours on low.  Turn crock pot to 'keep warm' setting. Shred chicken in pot with juices.  Leave until ready to serve. 

The first night, I served this on rice with the spring onions and sesame seeds on top. 

The second night, I served in a tortilla ... that recipe is coming next!