Ellie's Asian Chicken with a Simple Side of Quinoa Salad

 photo B0120315-D2E8-4A4A-9236-12CA4AED7D8C-2430-00000121770F4E8E_zpse505bb39.jpg

One night I rocked up at my sister's house to pick her up, maybe for the Keith Urban concert? Or maybe it was before we went to Zumba?  In any case, it was dinner time for her family and she had whipped up this beautiful chicken dish which I tasted on the way out the door!  It was delicious and I immediately wrote the 'recipe' in my phone.  Last night, I was thinking about what to cook and I remembered ....

She didn't give me any measurements, just ingredients so last night I wrote down what measurements I used.  I think that you could do them to any measure and it would be good but here's what I did to serve four of us.

2 chicken breasts, sliced

Marinate in:
Soy sauce, 4 Tablespoons
Honey, 2 Tablespoons
Lime, juice of one
White wine or sake, 4 Tablespoons
Garlic, 6 cloves

When you are ready to cook, dredge chicken in flour and fry in batches.  I shallow fried in grapeseed oil.

Trying to use up some of the veggies that are leftover at the end of a weeks worth of cooking, I make this simple side to go with it.  It's not got many strong flavors, really it's just the fresh taste of veggies and a little bit of lime juice.  You could totally dress it if you wanted it a bit more punchy. 

 photo C9EAC0C4-C861-49FC-95D9-09199442B80D-2430-0000012171E41D49_zpsc0b5fb88.jpg 

Again, there are no real measurements for this salad.  I'll tell you what I did but you can add whatever you like, really!

1 cup quinoa, cooked (I used a tri colored one)
2 roma tomatoes, finely diced
2 spring onions, finely dices
1/2 a red capsicum (bell pepper), finely diced
1/2 a yellow capsicum (bell pepper), finely diced
1/2 an avocado, finely diced
a large chunk of cucumber, finely diced
juice of half a lime 
sprinkle of sea salt

mix all ingredients. serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love me some fried asian chicken! I can almost taste it!!!