Spinach, Tofu, Avocado Salad with Sesame Soy Dressing



 

This is a little Bonnie invention.
 There are no real measurements for the salad part, just add ingredients as they look good.

Baby Spinach Leaves, finely sliced
Cucumber, finely diced
Cilantro (Fresh Coriander Leaves), finely chopped
Snow Pea Sprouts, finely chopped
Toasted cashews, roughly chopped
Spring Onions, finely diced
Avocado, chopped small
Silken tofu, small pieces

Dressing:
2 tablespoons mirin
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey

Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients.  I do it in a small mason jar so that I can heat the mixture a bit in the microwave to help the honey mix in.  Also, it's then easy to pop the lid on to save the leftovers.

Make the salad by combining all ingredients as indicated above.  Originally I was going to chop the tofu but when I tipped it out of it's box, it basically crumbled so I just scooped up pieces of the crumble and added it to the salad.


I made a variation for lunch a few days later.  It was yummy.  I didn't have any tofu and I forgot the cashews.  I added finely diced fuji apple and toasted sesame seeds.  Everything else was the same.

No comments: