Eggplant Burgers


Look, I know the photo leaves a little something to be desired but I'm going to make myself a light box ... hopefully on the weekend ... and then I'll be able to take good food photos at night !

But ... don't let the photo deter you from trying this ! I loved this. My kids loved this. My husband loved all but the eggplant.

And it was easy. Easy peasy.

Eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch slices. Salted and set aside.
Tomato, sliced
Mushrooms, sauteed with a bit of garlic powder

I started with the caramelized onion.  When that was about done, my husband grilled the eggplant and burger patties.  I sauteed the mushrooms.

To assemble ... eggplant, burger, tomato, mushrooms, onions ... the kids added cheese to theirs.  I had ketchup.  Rory had sweet chili sauce.  Jono has those two and BBQ sauce !

1 comment:

Kath said...

That looks delicious! Here is the link to the recipe that gave me the idea to try the grilled eggplant with the meat patty:
http://italianfood.about.com/od/beefbracioleetc/r/Summer-Burger-With-Eggplant-Recipe-Svizzere-Estive.htm

The first time we followed the recipe except had some sauteed onions that we threw on. I didn't think they complimented the tomato relish, but the tomato topping is yummy!

The second time we made them, I was too lazy to do the relish, so just sliced tomato and raw onion to serve on top, that was yummy too!