Jamie and Julia ~ Steak and Mash

Photobucket
When Jamie Oliver was on Masterchef the other night, he talked about dressing the board. Basically, you just put a bunch of herbs and oil and some sort of acid and a bunch of garlic onto your cutting board. Once you've cooked your steak, we did our on the Weber, put it on the board and just massage the flavors into it a bit. I am not a big steak person ... I had seconds of this !!
I didn't write down what I used but just go with flavors you like ! I know I did olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, parsley, greek basil and garlic. I may have used other things pero no recuerdo !!
I also tried Julia Childs' Garlic Mashed Potatoes. I didn't, at the time, but I do now, have a potato ricer so don't know if it would have made a difference. And maybe I'll try these again just to see. But, to me, they weren't worth the absolute mountain of effort they took to make.
Photobucket

No comments: