Slow Cooker Brownies


(would you like some brownie with that cream ??)

I got this recipe here ... I made a couple of changes that I will post here ...

You need to find a dish (I used an oval pyrex dish) that will fit into your slow cooker. DO THIS NOW !

Prep time: 20 minutes
Set time: overnight ~ so start these the day BEFORE you want to eat them !
Cooking Time: 6 – 8 hours

1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 extra ripe bananas ~ I just thawed a couple out of my freezer
3 Tb apple sauce ~ I peeled and chopped a couple apples, added a tablespoon or so of water, microwaved a couple minutes, pureed in stick blender and INSTANT apple sauce ! I fed the leftovers to the kids with dinner !!
4 Tb honey
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp ground chili
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

The night before: Process the rolled oats in a food processor ~ til they are sort of like a flour. Put in a big bowl and add walnuts. Add all the other ingredients to the food processor and process until smooth. Add this mixture to the oats and mix thoroughly.

Line dish that you've already decided you'd use with baking paper paper and pour your brownie mix in. Cover and put then in the fridge until morning

In the morning: Get some aluminium foil and roll it into a ring to place under the dish in the slow cooker. Then put the baking dish on top of the foil ring. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

These have a very 'dark chocolate' feel to them, hence the big blob of whipped cream we put on top !!

No comments: