Menu Plan Monday - Bonnie - 25 January 2010

Photobucket
Menu Plan Monday is hosted by Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie

So ... every meal we're eating this week is OUT or new , which means no photos ...

Friday
Going out to dinner !!!
WOO HOO !!


Saturday
Going to
Talia and Luke's for pizza in their outdoor wood fired pizza oven
that they BUILT THEMSELVES !
Aren't they clever ??
I can't wait to try it !
Maybe we'll hire them to come build one for us !!


Sunday
Having dinner at Mum and Dad's hotel ... they're here for the weekend !

Monday - Salad Night
This Prawn, Avocado, and Pecan Herb Salad looks delicious!
I'll do prawns and chicken ... the kids aren't fussed on prawns so
I'd rather pay chicken prices than prawn prices for them ...

Tuesday
I'm going to try my hand at making gnocchi.
Never done it before.

We'll see ...

I'll let you know if it works !
I'm all about experimenting with new things !



Wednesday
oops ... it appears I forgot to plan something for Wednesday night.
I'll have to wing it. Not something I'm used to doing these days.
Might be breakfast food ... we'll see.
Or maybe something with lamb chops ... any ideas ?
I've got cous cous too ... might do some lamb and cous cous ... but how ?
Let me know your thoughts !!

Thursday - Crock Pot Night
40 Clove Garlic Chicken
with Pumpkin and Feta Fritters

Snack Foods to Try Making :
Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara Sauce !!

3 comments:

Liz M. said...

Gnocchi!! Let me know how that turns out!! Are you making potato gnocchi? If so, I saw on House (yeah, the tv show....) that if you bake the potatoes instead of boiling them, the gnocchi are lighter and fluffier.

T'lia said...

I hope you liked the pizza! Sorry it wasn't all with your new rules!

And if you're going to make gnocchi and want to try a recipe I recommend the sweet potato one here: http://taliacarbis.com/2010/01/11/menu-plan-7

it is super yummy, and the sweet potato has heaps more flavour then regular potato. I sometimes skip the tomato sauce and we just have it with some parmassen cheese or a white sauce...

Stacy said...

I have made gnocci before and it isn't too hard, just a little time consuming. I would totally try the sweet potato as suggested above. That would be super yummy!