Creamy Parmesan Mustard Chicken Pasta



Ok, so you all know that we are eating no preservatives, no additives, no white flour, sugar etc this year. Well, when I don't have leftovers, and I've run out of bread, I have to cook something for lunches the next day. I could probably MAKE more bread but I'd rather cook ! I whipped this little beauty up at the beginning of the week and it lasted the four of us 3 lunches ! I'll tell you ... whole wheat pasta fills you up quicker and therefore stretches a lot longer than regular pasta !

Here's what I used ...
1 chicken breast
2 big handfuls of baby spinach
1 red onion, sliced thinly
3 cloves of garlic, I think I slivered them
1.5 tablespoons whole grain seed mustard
3/4 cup thickened cream
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
1 bag of whole wheat penne pasta

Here's what I did ...

Boil the pasta.

While that's boiling, sautee your onion and garlic, til onion is not raw and the garlic smells yum. Add chicken (and salt/pepper to taste) and cook til no longer pink. Add flour. Stir to coat chicken. Add cream, mustard, parmesan cheese and spinach. Stir to mix it up and cook for a few minutes while the cream thickens, cheese melts and spinach wilts.

Drain pasta and add to fry pan ... or if your frying pan isn't a really cool, really big, electric one that your brother in law gave you for Christmas, add your chicken sauce to your pasta !


I'm submitting this to Cooking Thursday ... hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. For more great recipes, check her Cooking Thursday posts each week !!

5 comments:

Kath said...

YUMMY YUM YUM!!!! (what's the red stuff in the bowl in your pretty photo?)

Bonnie said...

It is a hibiscus flower from the bush in my back yard. Mum couldn't resist picking it so it beautified my counter for a few days !!

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious. I love the idea of the mustard in the sauce. Mmmm...

Thank you for sharing!

Sandra said...

I'm STARVING right now, good grief Bonnie this looks SO darn good.

I've bookmarked, will put it on the menu next week :)

Renee said...

This looks sooo good! I'm a tad bit late getting back to you but thanks so much for stopping by my food blog. Have a great week!