Chicken Fajitas



I started with this recipe for pollo fajitas but ended up changing it to suit our unprocessed needs. Here's how I made my version that all four of us loved ! I had a bit of difficulty with the tortillas tonight. I'm not sure why. I halved the recipe and I'm wondering if I put something in wrong. My math skills never were that good !!


1.5 tablespoons cider vinegar
1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
a couple shakes of chili powder
3 cloves garlic, minced
a couple dashes of Tabasco

2 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
olive oil for shallow frying
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 red capsicum, sliced


1.Combine vinegar, soy sauce, chili powder, garlic and tabasco. Place chicken in sauce, and work through with fingers to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes or more in fridge.

2. Heat oil in a large skillet (I used my electric fry pan that I was given for Christmas !!) over high heat. Add chicken strips to the pan, and saute for 5 minutes. Add the onion and capsicim, and saute another 3 minutes.

3. Done ! I served it with homemade tortillas - but we didn't wrap them - issues with the tortillas, remember !? AND greek yogurt, chopped tomato, baby spinach and avocado ...

Delicious !

2 comments:

andrafaye said...

love fajitas!! could possibly eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner, everyday for a year. especially the way you made them!! MMMMMMMM!!

Bonnie said...

mmmm. i love fajitas too !! maybe not as much as you love them but still ...

you should try these ones !