Menu Plan Monday - Bonnie - 2 November 2009

Photobucket
Menu Plan Monday is hosted by Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie.


Remember last week, I said I wasn't going to shop AT ALL ? Well ... I did it !
Ok ... I HAD to buy toilet paper.
But come on ... it's not like we have a choice in that one.
I spent $3.
That's pretty good.

Have a look at how our fridge looked on Friday morning while I was waiting for the groceries to be delivered ! Crazy eh ? Nothin' but condiments. We ate everything. Seriously ... everything !

Photobucket

This week we only had $111 to spend on the groceries.
Still catching up from how behind we were.
I can't wait to get through this week !

I have planned the whole week though ... and shopped.
AND stayed under the $111 !!
I'm pretty impressed.
If I do say so
myself !!

Lots of refined carbs though ... that's what happens when you need to eat cheap.

Friday
Black Bean Chili Soup

Photobucket

Saturday
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas
This is a new recipe ... from the wholefoodsmarket website.
From their budget recipe challenge ...

Sunday
Cold Soba Noodles
Spring Rolls that we have had
in the freezer for ages.

Photobucket


Monday
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
(apparently I've been spelling that wrong ... so wrong !)
peas and corn

Tuesday
Rice Balls
(I will post that recipe later in the week !)

Wednesday
Homemade Mac and Cheese
Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli

Photobucket

Thursday
Rory's Carbonara

Like I said ... lots of refined carbs.
But ... it's just to get us through this one week !
Next week we will have a full grocery budget !
Can't wait !!

3 comments:

andrafaye said...

this is awesome.
way to stick it to the budget man, bonnie.

andrafaye said...

...also wanna see what the fridge looks like after the groceries arrive!

Khrista said...

wow! You are SO good with your budget!