spankikopita meatballs with tsatsiki dressing

Rory and I made an interesting discovery last night. When you have a gas stove and you run out of gas, you can't cook on your stove anymore til you get more gas. We discovered this half way through making dinner !! We were making this. So ... Rory took the half cooked chicken out to the BBQ and finished cooking it. I cooked the Israeli cous cous in the microwave. Thank goodness I'd already finished cooking up the lemon.capers.almonds in butter. They're the best bit !!

The new gas bottle doesn't come until THURSDAY ! Good thing tonight's meal was one for the oven and tomorrow's can be done on the BBQ !!

These meatballs are yum. I loved them. I served them with tsatsiki, rice and roasted garlic brocolli. I need to stop. I'm making myself hungry again !

Photobucket

I found this amazing recipe here.

Here's how I did mine ...

1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely dinced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
500g ground chicken
1 tbsp hoyts BBQ and grill greek giro sprinkle (i tried to find this online to show you but came up empty ...i'm sure any sort of greek seasoning will do ...)

Preheat oven to 400F/200C degrees.

Defrost the spinach in the microwave, squeeze out excess water. Place in a large mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix really well.

Roll into about 18 (1 1/2 inch) meatballs and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes, turn over and bake for another 10-14 minutes or until the meatballs are golden brown and cooked all the way through.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness that looks wonderful!

Talia said...

Bonnie, I've going to try and make this on Thursday night for dinner.

What could I use instead of the hoyts BBQ and grill greek giro sprinkle?

Is it just chilli flavour?