Israeli Cous Cous Salad

Photobucket

The recipe I used as a guide ... but didn't follow exactly, I found HERE.

I made this as a main. We're trying to eat light. This was maybe a bit too light.
Would be perfect beside a nice piece of fish ...

Here's how I made it ...

one bag (250g) Israeli cous cous (I think you could substitute Orzo/Rissoni if you can't find this)
6 spring onions, sliced
100g feta, crumbled ( I didn't measure ... I just crumbled some in )
24 or so black (I used Kalamata) olives, stoned and chopped
24 or so cherry tomatoes, chopped ( I didn't have cherry, oops ... I bought them but we had munched them away !! ) I just chopped up regular tomato.
50g toasted pine nuts
parsley
half a lemon & some good extra virgin olive oil


Cook the cous cous according to packet instructions. Drain and run under cold water. Combine with the other ingredients and dress with 1 part lemon juice to 3 parts olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.

3 comments:

Kath said...

I just blew my comment to la-la land, so am sending "another" one (attach proper air-quotes here)I posted an Israeli cous-cous recipe last May with the Israel 60 post, it had fennel in it (a refreshing novel taste for me) but otherwise similar to yours. It was quite yummy; this one looks delicicous, too! I agree that Israeli cous-cous seems made for side dishes......

Khrista said...

This looks really yummy. I had no idea Israeli couscous looked so different from other couscous. I'm not sure I can find it here. I will have to try though.

Bonnie said...

So you did !! I didn't remember because I didn't know what Israeli Cous Cous was (and I'm not fond of normal cous cous) at the time. I doubt I knew what Orzo was at the time either but I could be wrong ! ANYHOO .... HERE'S THE LINK to the other Israeli cous cous recipe ! I'm going to be trying it soon !!