Orzo Veg Salad

Photobucket

I got the original recipe for this from
"Moosewood Restaurants Low Fat Favorites"
... a cookbook I'd love to own.

I've modified the recipe and am posting that modified recipe here.
(if you want the original ... get the book !)

1 package of Orzo pasta (called Rissoni in Australia)
1 tble sesame oil
1 cup chopped red bell peppers (red capsicum)
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
grape or cherry tomatoes
mushrooms

Cook the orzo, til al dente. Drain. Rince with cold water. Toss with sesame oil and set aside. (I've just realized I didn't do that !! -- oops)

Chop all the veggies and add to the salad.

Top with this dressing :

3 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon Chinese chili paste (I used Korean chili paste as I didn't have Chinese)
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root (I used the stuff out of a jar)
2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced (again, I used the stuff out of a jar)
salt and ground pepper to taste

Serve hot or cold. Delicious both ways !!!


1 comment:

andrafaye said...

I've been wondering how to make the orzo I bought. Will try this!