Beer Battered Fish

Photobucket

This was yummy. I found the recipe here ... you should go check it out.
I love the way she presented the meal !

Kevins Beer Battered Fish (she copied directly from here ... and I am copying directly from her)

Ingredients:
1 bottle beer- I used a light lager
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
1 pound cod fillets (or halibut, or haddock, etc., cut into serving sized pieces)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup flour
oil for frying

Directions:
1. Mix the beer, flour, baking powder, salt and egg into a batter in a bowl.
2. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
3. Dredge the fish in the flour and shake off any excess.
4. Dip the fish into the batter.
5. Fry the fish in preheated 375F oil until cooked, about 4-5 minutes.

1 comment:

Sabba and Nanny said...

I wonder if this is how they made the Merluza we used to love in Puerto de Santa Maria at Frank's (i.e. Casa Paco)?