Pancakes


I am reposting this ... originally posted on my first blog that is now private and never used !!
~
I have NEVER been able to make good pancakes from scratch. NEVER. Until now ! Lauren at Vegan Yum Yum posted THIS recipe. Have you all been to check out her site ? Come on now, don't let the vegan part scare you off. She's got some great great great recipes ! She was also recently on the Martha Stewart show doing the cutest thing. See that clip on her blog HERE.
~
I must mention how EASY this is ! You do it all in the blender ! And you can do it the night before ! I made a batch for me and the kids last night and then when Rory got home later, I made him a batch too. Kept the leftovers in the blender in the fridge and the kids had pancakes again for breakfast this morning !!
~
I am cutting and pasting the recipe from HERE.

Easy Weekend Pancakes
Makes about 25 Silver Dollar Pancakes, enough for two people

1 1/2 Cup Soymilk (I have used normal milk too)
1 Tbs Sugar
2 Tbs Oil
1 Cup Spelt (or all-purpose*) Flour
1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Extract (any flavor, I used orange, but vanilla is a no-brainer)
1-2 Tbs water, to thin batter if needed

*If using only all-purpose flour for this recipe, you may need to add more liquid. Regular flour absorbs more moisture than spelt.

Add soymilk to your blender. Add remaining ingredients except the water and blend for a few seconds until combined. Scrape down any dry flour stuck to the side of the jar and blend again. Place the top on the blender and refrigerate overnight. You can also use the batter immediately.

In the morning, place the blender back on the base and add 1-2 Tbs of water, blend to mix. This re-thins the batter that had thickened overnight.

Pouring BatterPreheat oven to 200ยบ F, or the lowest setting, and put an oven-safe plate on the middle rack. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. Pour the batter directly into the center of the UNgreased heated pan. I like silver dollar sized pancakes, 2 1/2 to 3″ in diameter, but you can make any size you want. This batter should create fairly thin pancakes.

After a few minutes of cooking, you’ll see the bubbles form and set on the uncooked side of the pancake. The batter will start to set, and it will change color from white to dull yellow. This is when you should flip. If your pancake isn’t brown by this time, turn your heat up. If it is overly brown, your heat is too high.While cooking the pancakes, place the finished ones directly into the oven on the plate. Stack the pancakes as you go. This will keep the whole stack warm while you’re cooking them.

THESE PHOTOS ARE MINE >>>


Now, isn't that a good lookin' pancake ?!


With some blueberries for the photo ...


And how I really eat pancakes. Sickly sweet ... not usually my forte. I'm more of a savory/salty girl but when it comes to pancakes and french toast, I want butter, powdered sugar and maple syrup ! The combination is divine. Add bacon to the mix and I might just jump for joy ! ( not very high though if it's AFTER I eat !! )


No comments: