The Lady and Sons Chicken Fingers

I wanted to make chicken fingers one night, but I didn't want the same old chicken strips that I always make, so I went online to the food network which is one of my favorite sites for finding a recipe for something specific. This is what I found and I've made it oh so many times since.




16 chicken tenders or 4 boneless chicken breasts cut into 4 equal strips
garlic salt, pepper
2 cups buttermilk (It doesn't actually take 2 whole cups of buttermilk to make this... or three cups self rising flour, so I usually just put as much as I think it will take into bowls. ) (Also, if you don't have buttermilk, you can add a couple tablespoons of vinegar to regular milk and substitute it. I never buy buttermilk anymore.)
3 cups self-rising flour
Oil for frying (The recipe calls for you to deep fry these, but I usually fry them in a heavy skillet and turn them once.)

Sprinkle chicken tenders (as you can see in the photo, you can either do strips or nuggets. this day I was serving children, so I did nuggets, but I think I prefer strips.) with garlic salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, dip into buttermilk and back into flour.





Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry fingers in deep hot oil 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with honey mustard (we serve them with ranch) for dipping.

1 comment:

jamestownboys said...

mmmmm these sound good. I think the buttermilk sounds interesting.