Ratatouille in the Crock Pot

Photobucket Image Hosting

I was not overly impressed with this meal. Too bland. I will probably try it again but make a few changes because I think the basic recipe is ok ... just lacking a bit of oomph ! I think, if I make it again, I'll also serve it with chicken, like CHICK IN THE KITCHEN did. Maybe that is why she loved this recipe more than me ... Anyway ... I'm going to post the recipe because you may love it too ...

Ratatouille in the Crock Pot

2 small onions, thinly sliced
2 medium eggplants, skin on, diced
2 large green bell peppers, seeded, diced
1 zucchini, diced
1 small red pepper, seeded, diced
6 plum-sized tomatoes, quartered
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. salt
1 6-oz. can tomato paste

large handful fresh parsley, chopped
large handful fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Layer ingredients through the 1 tsp. salt in your crock pot, in the order listed. Then dot the tomato paste on top, and cover. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.

Remove lid and stir to combine. Add fresh parsley and basil, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve hot, room temperature, or straight from the fridge.

No comments: