Bread

Have I mentioned how much I love my bread machine?

Oh yeah, that's because I hate it!!!

Aidan and I decided to make bread yesterday. Here is our brilliant result:


These really don't show all of the horror that was our "bread"


So, in the middle of Aidan's nap I realize that we are not going to have fresh bread for dinner.

So I pulled up the french bread post and started over. It turned out great!!



I will definitely make it again. Next time I will cut the recipe in half because it is too big for my mixer, but it still turned out great. Mine wasn't quite as crusty as hers looks.. maybe I needed to cook it longer or something.. we'll see. Thanks for the great recipe.

4 comments:

Mrs. Wallace said...

YIKES...that first attempt turned out...ummm, interestingly. I want to come over and eat those other loaves though!!! Can I come for dinner please??? ;-)

Bonnie said...

I need to try making this french bread ! I thought that when the recipe was first posted here ... and now I'm thinking it again !!

Anonymous said...

I've always been intimidated by bread. I think I'm going to give these loaves a try, though. Thanks!

Jen
http://www.listplanit.com

Liz M. said...

Hahahaha, your bread story reminds me soooooo much of some of the sad mishappen loaves that my mother labored to produce during my childhood. To this day, I still can't understand how Mom (a brilliant baker in all other respects) could never produce a decent loaf of bread!
Maybe it's genetic...