Spinach and Roast Garlic Salad

I got this salad recipe from the cookbook above.


I modified it a bit and am posting the modified recipe.

12 garlic cloves, unpeeled (I used a head and a half)
4 tbls olive oil
450g/1lb baby spinach leaves (I used a spinach/rocket mix and only about 150g)
1/2 pine nuts, lightly toasted
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper
I also added fresh mushrooms.

Preheat the oven to 190C/375F. Put garlic in litte roasting tin with 2 tbls olive oil. I didn't use that much ... I just drizzled a bit. Roast for 15 min or so ... til garlic cloves are slightly charred around the edges.

While still warm, tip the garlic into a salad bowl. Add the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice and remaining olive oil and a bit of salt. Toss well and add black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.

I didn't follow that exactly. I mixed up the dressing before adding it. I didn't read the amount of lemon juice properly and squeezed the whole lemon. Instead of adding it straight to the salad, I chopped a bunch of mushrooms and put them in the dressing to 'marinate' while the garlic cooked. Then I scooped them out and added them to the salad along with a couple spoonfuls of the dressing. I also peeled the garlic before adding it to the salad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bonnie, the spinach & garlic looks delicious! I have spinach on my menu for this week, so I think I'll try it this way. Thanks!