Turkey Chili


Another favorite I tore out of my favorite magazine!
Best tasting chili,and easiest to make! You can put all ingredients, minus the beans, in a crock pot on low all day. About ten minutes before serving, add all beans to pot. EASY!

Serves 8


1 pound extra-lean ground turkey breast
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
6 teaspoons chili powder
½ onion, diced
½ teaspoon ground red pepper (add more for hotter chili)
2 teaspoons flour
1 12-oz. can crushed tomatoes (without paste)
1 15-oz. can red kidney beans
1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans
1 15-oz. can black beans
1 can water

Brown ground turkey in a pot. Drain fat. Add crushed tomatoes and water, and all spices. Mix thoroughly. Cover and simmer 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Uncover pot, add flour, and mix through.
Add all beans, mix and let simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.

262 calories, 6g fat, 34g carbohydrates, 19g protein, 10.5g fiber

*I made this the other night with ground buffalo. Buffalo (or bison) is significantly lower in fat than beef. Ground turkey is even better! We just wanted to try something new. I couldn't really tell a difference in the buffalo vs. beef. It's kind of pricey too, so I think I'll stick with turkey.*

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

This looks soooo yummy ! I think I will be including it in next weeks menu !!

Thistlemoon said...

I love chili and this one looks great! Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll, Ladies! :)

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

great chili recipe, and the picture is mouthwatering!

jamestownboys said...

Khrista this looks delicious!!!
Love the three bean mix and turkey :) mmmm!